Thursday 22 October 2009

Change of plan.

As I researched further looking at different music videos from different genres I decided that my ideas were lacking something, so I reformed my ideas into something more interesting. I am now going to be filming my music video by using time lapse. 

I am going to deconstruct a music video that i am influenced by for my own music video - Slipknot - Vermillion. Slipknot are a heavy metal band therefore not in the same genre as Jet Pack Man, however time lapse is not something that is set to certain genres therefore i think it will work well in my music video. They use time lapse through out this video, this is something i am going to try in my music video as i think visually it is amazing. 

The mise en scene is important for this video as the band themselves are in the heavy metal genre therefore the girl in this video is wearing a gothic style dress, i think this works well as she will appeal to the specific audience. The lighting has a blue tint to it, this again is similar to other bands videos that i have looked at within this genre of music.




In this clip we can see the band with the girl, they all have masks on, this represents the gothic, heavy metal genre that they are in. It is also important for the band to wear these masks as it is their trade mark and they wear them in all of their videos. Jet Pack Man do not have any trade mark qualities like this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment